Do you want a home with the following features?
- Environmentally sensitive site plans to preserve trees and natural terrain
- Soil and erosion control measures on site
- Recycled soils from the site used in underground pipe trenches
- Ecologically friendly storm water management
- Water saving toilets
- Water saving shower heads
- Cabinet boxes made from ecologically friendly furniture board
- 0SB floor, wall and roof sheeting made from processed wood of new growth trees
- Engineered roof trusses to reduce structural roof members
- Manufactured structural beams to preserve old growth timber
- Energy efficient windows with Low-E / Energy Star
- Energy efficient entry doors with foam insulated core
- Window installation caulked and taped for energy efficiency
- 92% efficient furnace
- 13 Seer efficient air conditioner
- Water heater with energy saving back flow preventer
- Foam exterior wall sheeting
- Corners and floors sealed for energy savings
- Energy barrier house wrap
- Insulated basement walls
- Environmentally friendly Puron refrigerant in AC units
- Insulation with reduced off commission
- Energy star compliant dishwasher
- Recycled carpet padding
- Homes built to the international energy compliance code
If you said yes to one or more of any of these features and en you want a Gerstad Home. The premier McHenry county home builder, Gerstad is dedicated to building quality homes that will save you, the homebuyer, money over time. Come visit one of our many new home communities throughout McHenry County, Illinois (Liberty Trails, The Trails of Dawson Creek or The Trails of Pheasant Ridge) today to learn more about why so many have chosen to call Gerstad their McHenry County Builder of choice.
For more information about any of these new home communities, visit the Gerstad website today!
The search for the perfect home can be daunting. Potential homebuyers troll the MLS listings looking at properties in the perfect location. They browse the blurry and often poorly shot photos, squinting and tilting their heads at the screen to judge the true size of the living room. Then, after they note the addresses of what seem like fantastic homes, they’ll call up their real estate agent to go for an in-person visit.
And they’ll probably be disappointed.
Crude photos and simple floorplan sketches can waste the time of the busy homebuyer. That’s where FloorPlanOnline comes in. The company’s service provides not only the layout of the home, but also beautiful, crisp, detailed photos that are easily accessed from the floorplan. Not only is the “virtual tour” a great tool for consumers, agents can utilize search engine optimization and an analytical program to optimize search placement and measure results.
FPO Version 2.0 was recently announced, which adds greater customization abilities and media options. A WalkThru(TM) video component has been added as well as a Room Planner where users can drag and drop furniture.
A 2009 study from the California Association of Realtors showed that 20 or more photos online reduced the time a home is on the market by 50 percent. In a competitive real estate market, FloorPlanOnline is a great tool to leverage.
Not only is environmental responsibility important to a community, social responsibility should play a role as well. Construction Resources recognizes this fact and frequently partners with HomeAid Atlanta to give back to the community.
Recently, the Atlanta Kitchen arm of Construction Resources provided vanity tops for eight apartment units at Phoenix Pass, another project that was a collaboration with HomeAid Atlanta. Phoenix Pass is a single-family apartment community in Rockdale County that will provide help for temporarily homeless women and children. The apartments are cozy, with a kitchen, living room, two bedrooms and one bathroom. Residents can stay up to two years, and will receive help with budgeting, job training and guidance in family care and management.
This apartment building is EarthCraft certified, meaning it meets stringent environmental and energy standards. Another apartment building is planned, which will also be EarthCraft certified.
This transitional housing is the perfect marriage of environmental and social responsibility, and will be a great asset to the Rockdale County area. Construction Resources is proud to be a part of this project.
There is just one more reason to add to the long list of reasons why we love the city of West Palm Beach, Fla. Mayor Frankel recently announced that the city will be the first in the United States to partner with the National Green Energy Council on a Green Resource Center.
The resource center will become a place for the community to consider its energy efficiency and renewable energyas well as a place to create sustainable jobs. The GEC will create educational seminars, classes and educational forums for local government officials, corporations, small business owners and local residence. The Green Resource Center has been a focus of the GEC for over a year and no other cities wanted to take the first step. Some believe that the program is going to bring jobs with the city to the unemployed. The center will remake products that will be potentially shipped all over the world.
Essentially, the center will perform an analysis for clients in regards to their current energy usage. The GEC’s Green Resouce Center Plan includes:
1. Create a facility with educational classroom areas.
2. Create a location within the city that consults local residents and businesses on how to reduce their energy usage through energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies.
3. Perform business community outreach in order to educate existing employees about energy efficiency and environmental stewardship.
4. Entertain monthly discussions amongst community leaders about opportunities to alternative energy applications and green job training.
5. Create an educational environment for the newly unemployed that will assist them in changing their career paths in order to take advantage of the new 21st century green tech jobs.
The Green Resource Center opened at the West Palm Beaches E4 Summit.
Do you want to learn how to:
- harness the power of online networking by posting meaningful content that will get responses
- put together a social networking strategy and schedule
- sell with creativity and passion
- turn obstacles into benefits
Then you need to be at the Super Sales Rally May 13 from 8 – 11:30 a.m.
Sponsored by public relations and social media firm, mRELEVANCE, the Super Sales Rally is a super informative, high energy event. The rally will feature Meredith Oliver, MIRM, MSCP and Melinda Brody, MIRM.
You’re invited to join the dynamic “M & M” team for a fun, content rich, interactive educational experience.
High energy and packed with ideas to boost your sales NOW, this year’s rally will unleash your inner sales rock star to ignite your personal selling power and blow past your goals. This rally is NOT a fluffy motivational speech! Expect hard hitting, practical ideas you can implement immediately to drive commission straight into your wallet. Get ready to rock your sales all year long!
Super Sales Rally Topics Include:
- Personal branding
- Creative thinking
- Entrepreneurial selling
- Negotiation skills
- Networking & prospecting
- Social media networking
- Lead follow-up
- Technology tools
The Super Sales Rally will be held in conjunction with the 2010 Southern Building Show, a 3-day conference taking place May 13-15 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
The conference will feature five different tracks:
- design and architecture
- business operations and finance
- sales and marketing
- construction/building science
- green building.
To sign up for the Super Sales Rally or learn more about the 2010 Southern Building Show, please visit the Southern Building Show Website, interact with them on Facebook or follow along on Twitter @SouthBuildShow