The National Association of Home Builders recently conducted a survey with results suggesting a rise in the popularity of green and energy efficient remodeling. Many of you are feeling the effects of the rising gas and energy costs, so to help balance out these expenses, many homeowners are turning to remodelers for money-saving suggestions. The results of the survey show 33% of remodelers report that they are increasingly called on to improve the energy efficiency of their client’s homes. The following is a list of the most popular energy-efficient products for remodelers:
- Windows–73% of surveyed remodelers installed more energy-efficient windows that are insulated to prevent outdoor heat exchange.
- Insulation–65% made upgrades such as insulation replacement and spraying foam or fiber insulation into enclosed walls and roof cavities, while 27% insulated foundations and 52% installed insulated exterior doors.
- High-efficiency HVAC systems (56%)
- High-efficiency kitchen appliances (47%)
- Water-saving faucets and fixtures (46%)