Recently, several builders, remodelers and other industry professionals were recognized as winners of the National Green Building Awards given by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). The awards were presented as part of the 2013 International Builders’ Show (IBS) in Las Vegas.
Each year, the NAHB recognizes individuals, companies and organizations for excellence in residential green design and construction practices as well as green building program and advocacy efforts.
“This year’s winners are particularly impressive,” said NAHB Chairman Barry Rutenberg, a home builder from Gainesville, Fla. “All of those honored have shown superior dedication and leadership to the mission of sustainable and eco-friendly living.”
Individual Project Awards
- The New Edition at Damonte Ranch, Reno, Nev., for Project of the Year: Single-family, Small Volume
- Maryland Green Designer Show Home, Gambrills, Md., for Project of the Year: Single-family, Custom
- Persimmon – Willis Ranch, San Antonio, Texas, for Project of the Year: Single-family, Production
- Seabourn Cove, Boynton Beach, Fla., for Project of the Year: Multifamily
- Finding Paradise on Picardy, Raleigh, N.C., for Project of the Year: Remodel
Green Building Advocacy Awards
- Drew Smith, Two Trails, Sarasota, Fla., for Advocate of the Year: Individual
- Dan Wise, Wise Construction, Boalsburg, Pa., for Advocate of the Year: Builder
- Paul Sullivan, The Sullivan Company, Inc. Newton, Mass., for Advocate of the Year: Remodeler
- Maryland Residential Green Building Council, for Advocate of the Year: Group
- Build San Antonio Green, for Advocate of the Year: State/Local Government
Laclede Gas Company of St. Louis, Mo., was also named the Utility Partner of the Year for its dedication to high-performance building, the ICC-700 National Green Building Standard and education at the local and national level.
Additional information about the National Green Building Awards can be found at www.nahb.org/greenbuildingawards.